- December 19, 2019
- Posted by: Miguel Lémus
- Category: lock city locksmith
We are already very close to Christmas and New Year celebrations. These are the times when people get together with relatives and friends to share moments together. This is the most normal thing to do this time; however, what if you own a business that closes during these holidays?
We must be aware that many thieves also analyze which stores or offices will be closed on christmas and which are vulnerable to enter and steal the valuable goods and merchandise inside. For this reason, Lock City Locksmith LLC gives you these important tips if you are a store owner:
- Make sure all locks are working properly; checking up if there is no any fail or damage in them.
- Check that all doors and windows are in good conditions. If you find any vulnerability you should remedy it as soon as possible.
- The day you close your store you must ensure that all doors and windows are properly locked, padlocks or locks with chains.
- Do not leave valuables or money within reach, if you have a safe, it is better to keep money or important documents inside. It is a good idea to change the key or password which opens it.
- If you have electronic locks, it is also a good time to change the passcode.
- If you have any doubt if someone has a copy of your store key, the best thing to do is rekey.
- You should never leave hidden keys around the property; thieves know that practice and always look for one, just in case.
- If you have an alarm system, make sure it is working properly.
- If you have security cameras, contact your service provider to make sure they are working well and if they are recording the whole day.
- Have on your contacts the phone number of a reliable and licensed locksmith; in such a way that an emergency occurs you don’t have to spend time looking for one; minutes count!.
No doubt, there are a lot of elements to take care of in christmas, but they depend specifically of your facilities and environment. If you are not sure what to do, it is best to call a specialized security service; in this case, a qualified locksmith company.
Take a look at our Commercial Services.