- January 19, 2017
- Posted by: Miguel Lémus
- Category: blog
- Save the keys. Never leave your keys in sight, always keep them in a safe place and never in areas where visitors may arrive.
- Loss of keys. In case of losing your keys, after having done a thorough search, do not hesitate to change the lock. You should not let too much time pass by the time you leave your home alone, someone who is plundering homes can take advantage of this situation.
- Lock Quality. Be sure to have locks of brands known for their safety. Do not use cheap locks that can be opened with a couple of tools. Investigate which are the best brands in the market.
- Number of locks. It is advisable to use 2 locking points, especially if the door is not so secure.
- Hidden keys. When you leave home, never leave the key “hidden” under a carpet, pot or mailbox, thieves know these customs and will certainly look in those places.
- Caution when leaving. If you are going to be away for a long period of time, for instance by vacation, do not tell people outside your family and always leave someone in charge to come in to the house periodically to check that everything is fine.
We can help you check how safe your house is, do not hesitate to call us. Please visit our Contact Section.